Thursday, May 21, 2009

Losing weight is Easy

Losing weight is easy; just change what you eat. There is much anguish about weight loss, as if there were dramatic penalties being forced on people. How could I possibly live without potato chips? I deserve a piece of chocolate cake; I really want KFC; I will follow my diet tomorrow but today I need comfort. All of these thoughts and feelings sabotage your health. The reality is that you choose what you eat and every choice makes a difference.

An important step to changing your diet is to understand what motivates your eating. Food is supposed to be fuel for your body; instead there are MANY other aspects affecting what you put into your mouth. For example, people eat at regular times whether they are hungry or not. People eat what is put in front of them, whether it is what they feel like or not. People eat to feed their emotions and often base decisions on media-implanted desires.

Eating healthy is a choice that can be easy to make. Natural foods are better for you than processed foods; include lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds in your daily diet. Eat like a slim person and you can become one. It really is quite simple.

Randi's column appears weekly at ilove2cooknaked.com

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely making a concerted effort to incorporate more natural, raw foods into my diet. Some days it doesn't seem so simple... but I do my best.

    ReplyDelete